Independent Schools Show
The Independent Schools Show to Provide Parents with the Best Ever Insight into Private Education
The Independent Schools Show at Battersea Park is running from Saturday 14th – Sunday 15th November, and has unveiled its strongest ever line-up of speakers and schools. The Show will once again provide parents with the country’s leading forum for finding information and answers to the myriad of questions surrounding education options.
While parents will be able to meet face-to-face with over 200 of the country’s top independent schools from across the country including the likes of Eton, Cheltenham Ladies College, Radley, Gordonstoun, Bedales, Kingham Hill and Millfield, they will also have the opportunity to hear from renowned voices within the sector at the Show’s esteemed Education Theatre.
Independent Schools Show Founder David Wellesley Wesley said “With more diversity and options within education than ever before, the questions and issues facing parents are more complicated than ever.We’ve assembled the strongest panel of speakers and schools ever at a single Show in the UK and have every confidence that the event will provide an invaluable experience for any parent considering independent education.”
This year’s Theatre programme features journalist, author and school founder Toby Young who will be debating the merits of Free versus Independent schools with Harrow Head Master, Jim Hawkins.
The Theatre’s rich programme will also help provide parents with advice on issues such as:
- how to begin choosing the right school
- whether boarding is suitable for your child
- what makes a great education
- what all the options around scholarships and bursaries are
- whether the independent sector teaches the national curriculum
- choices around special needs*
The Independent Schools Show is now in its ninth year, having helped tens of thousands of parents make the right choice for their children. While parents can easily meet all the best schools under one roof, young children can be kept entertained with a creche and soft play area, allowing parents to spend as much time as they need to find the answers to their questions.
Parents can register for free tickets at www.schoolsshow.co.uk , which also provides a useful School Finder tool, helping parents shortlist which schools may be relevant for their children based on school type and location.
The Education Theatre will feature:
Alternatives to the Country’s Most Competitive Schools –
Patrick Derham, Headmaster of Westminster School
Free School or Independent School: Understanding the New Choices –
Jim Hawkins, Head Master of Harrow School in debate with Toby Young, Associate Editors of The Spectator and Founder of of several Free Schools
An International Curriculum –
Katy Ricks, Head of Sevenoaks School
How to Choose the Right School –
Ralph Lucas of The Good Schools Guide
Getting Your Child Through the London Maze
Ben Thomas, Head Master of Thomas’s Battersea and Alison Flemming, Head Mistress of Newton Prep
How to Spot a Great Education
Julian Thomas, Head Master of Wellington College
Outside the Classroom : Top Schools Educate the Whole Child –
Lucy Elphinstone, Head Mistress of Francis Holland, Sloane Square
- The show takes place at Battersea Evolution, Battersea Park
- The show is open on Saturday 14th November from 10.00am – 17.00pm and Sunday 15th November from 11.00am to 16.30pm.
- Tickets are free for parents who register in advance at www.schoolsshow.co.uk
- There is free parking if you enter Battersea Park at Chelsea Bridge Gate and follow the AA signs.
- Battersea Park is outside the congestion charging zone and is easily accessible from Victoria, Clapham Junction and Queenstown Road train stations.
- A full list of schools attending can be found on the website.